All models uploaded through the site will be in Draft state, making them invisible to other users. While in Draft mode, you can edit and re-upload as usual. When you’re satisfied with the result, you can Publish your model.
You can publish a model from the model page, 3D Settings, your profile's Uploads page, or the dropdown menu on the model card in your profile's Models page.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Once published, a model cannot be unpublished or go back to Draft.
- Re-uploading doesn’t change the draft state (published stays published, draft stays draft).
- By default, models uploaded via the API are published automatically.
- Publishing a model will alert your followers and make the model appear at the top of the newsfeed and other lists of recent models.
- Draft models cannot be embedded, viewed in VR Mode, viewed in the mobile app, downloaded, shared, or seen by anyone except the author unless you use the preview link.
- Don't confuse draft models with private models; setting a private model to public will not alert your followers or send it back to the top of the newsfeed.
Pro and above accounts can share a preview link to view a Draft model. Click share preview in the Manage This Model panel and you'll receive the secret link. You must be logged in to view a preview link.