Apply to become a seller
Quality work and fair pricing are critical to the success of our sellers and the Sketchfab Store as a whole.
In order to become a seller, we will review your portfolio to see if it meets the following criteria:
- Make sure your Sketchfab portfolio is representative of your work.
- If you have less than 5 models in your Sketchfab portfolio, published or in Draft Mode, please provide us with alternative URLs where we can see your work.
- All models, textures, and/or animations must be your original property.
- Work is modeled to an acceptable industry standard in keeping with other sellers in the store.
- Thumbnails, titles, and descriptions accurately reflect the items for sale.
- Models are accurately UV mapped when UVs are used.
- Clean topology is employed.
- Textures (when used) and materials are optimized and efficient.
- Models specifically sold for 3D printing are water-tight and appropriately constructed.
Link your PayPal account
Once you've applied and our Store team has approved you to become a seller, you must link your PayPal account to your Sketchfab account. (We hope to offer alternative payment services in the future.)
You can connect your PayPal account under your Account Settings.
Choosing your PayPal type
There are two ways to connect your PayPal account to Sketchfab: Business or Personal.
When connecting your PayPal from your Account Settings, you'll notice a PayPal Business account is available. This is a free PayPal upgrade with no additional fees.
You can use this account type as an individual instead of a registered business too. We recommend the following settings – "Individual", "Entertainment and media", "Digital media, books, movies, music" – this will require no more business records, VAT information, etc.
Make sure to check both boxes during the linking process, agreeing to PayPal's User Agreement as well as giving the proper permissions to Sketchfab. This is required for the PayPal connection to be successful.
If you'd like to sell using the Personal option, check the option for "Casual Seller" after clicking the "Link" button under your Account Settings.
Final steps to connect
You may see "Waiting for PayPal verification" in your Account Settings after connecting your PayPal account. You should receive an email from Sketchfab shortly after that (anywhere from several minutes to more than an hour), verifying your PayPal Business account is verified and linked.
Once you've been accepted to be a Sketchfab seller and your PayPal account has been successfully linked, it's time to set up your store!