Apply to become a seller
Quality work and fair pricing are critical to the success of our sellers and the Sketchfab Store as a whole.
In order to become a seller, we will review your portfolio. Please ensure that:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- Your Sketchfab portfolio is representative of your work.
- Thumbnails, titles, and descriptions accurately reflect the items in your portfolio.
- Are your original property (this includes textures and animations).
- Are modeled to an acceptable industry standard in keeping with other sellers in the store. (See our Seller Guidelines for more details, or browse our store to get a sense of the kind of quality we consider acceptable.)
- Are accurately UV mapped when UVs are used.
- Have clean topology.
- Include, when used, textures and materials that are optimized and efficient.
- If being sold for 3D printing should be water-tight and appropriately constructed.
Completing your seller profile
Once you've applied and our Store team has approved your application, you will be required to do two things:
- Self-identify as a Trader or Non-Trader, depending on how you use Sketchfab, and provide certain information as required by law. This step is required to conduct business on Sketchfab's digital marketplace. Click here for more information.
- Connect your PayPal account so you can receive payment for your sales. We support both PayPal Personal and Business accounts, but we highly recommend upgrading to PayPal Business, if possible, to offer Sketchfab buyers the most checkout options. Here's additional information about how the payments work.
You will be able to complete these steps from your Account Settings.
Choosing your PayPal account type
PayPal offers two account types that you can connect to your Sketchfab Store: Business or Personal.
When connecting your PayPal from your Account Settings, you'll notice a PayPal Business account is available. This is a free PayPal upgrade with no additional fees.
If you wish to offer your customers the option to pay using guest checkout, which allows the use of credit or debit cards, you must have PayPal Business enabled.
If you'd like to sell using the Personal option, check the option for "Casual Seller" after clicking the "Link" button under your Account Settings.
Final steps to connect
You may see "Waiting for PayPal verification" in your Account Settings after connecting your PayPal account. You should receive an email from Sketchfab shortly after that (anywhere from several minutes to more than an hour), verifying that your PayPal account is verified and linked.
Once you've been accepted to be a Sketchfab seller and you have completed your seller profile, it's time to set up your store!