Every Sketchfab user has the ability to download select 3D models. You can specifically search for downloadable models (by toggling "Downloadable" in the Sketchfab search bar), or go to our dedicated Downloads page.
Available for Download
A 3D model is only free to download if the owner enables it.
You can tell if a model is available for download if you see Download 3D Model below the viewer on the model page (like in the image below).
Clicking Download 3D Model will offer the following:
- the original file that the author uploaded, along with any texture, material, and extra files that were included
- a transcoded glTF version of the model
- various GLB versions of the model with different texture resolutions
- a transcoded USDZ version, which can load in Apple Quick Look
Unavailable for Download
If the Download 3D Model link is not visible on the model page (like the screenshot above), the user has decided not to make their model downloadable.
Each downloadable model is offered under either a Standard License or a Creative Commons license.
With a Creative Commons license, if you download a free 3D model and you want to use it or build upon it, you need to credit the creator (except for CC0).
With a Standard license, you may use the 3D asset worldwide, in all types of media, for all types of use (whether commercial or non-commercial), in all types of derivative works.
If you're unsure how you can use a downloadable 3D model, review the details of the corresponding licenses below:
- Standard License - you may use the 3D asset worldwide, in all types of media, for all types of use (whether commercial or non-commercial), in all types of derivative works. Others can do the same, as none of our licenses are exclusive.
- CC BY - Attribution: depending on the NC, ND, and SA choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but they must give you credit for the original work.
- CC BY-NC - NonCommercial: others cannot use your model commercially
- CC BY-ND - NoDerivatives: others may use and share the model, but it cannot be altered.
- CC BY-SA - ShareAlike: depending on the NC choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but derivative work must be shared under the same license.
- CC0 - Public Domain: No Rights Reserved
No Derivatives and ShareAlike are mutually exclusive.
The model author may change their model’s license after you have downloaded it. They are permitted to do that, but the license you received the model under will always prevail.