Every Sketchfab user has the ability to download select 3D models. You can specifically search for downloadable models (by toggling "Downloadable" in the Sketchfab search bar), or go to our dedicated Downloads page.
A 3D model is only free to download if the owner enables it.
You can tell if a model is available for download if you see Download 3D Model below the viewer on the model page (like in the image below).
If the Download 3D Model link is not visible, the user has decided not to make their model downloadable.
Clicking Download 3D Model will offer the following:
- the original file that the author uploaded, along with any texture, material, and extra files that were included
- the transcoded glTF version of the model
Each downloadable model is offered under a Creative Commons license, which means if you download a free 3D model and you want to use it or build upon it, you need to credit the creator (except for CC0).
If you're unsure how you can use a downloadable 3D model, review the details of the corresponding Creative Commons license:
- CC BY - Attribution: depending on the NC, ND, and SA choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but they must give you credit for the original work.
- CC BY-NC - NonCommercial: others cannot use your model commercially
- CC BY-ND - NoDerivatives: others may use and share the model, but it cannot be altered.
- CC BY-SA - ShareAlike: depending on the NC choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but derivative work must be shared under the same license.
- CC0 - Public Domain: No Rights Reserved
No Derivatives and ShareAlike are mutually exclusive.