Every Sketchfab user, regardless of membership, has the ability to download select 3D models, as well as the ability to offer their own 3D models for download to the rest of the community.
How to Download 3D Models
A model is only free to download if the uploading user decides to share it.
You can tell if a model is available for download if you see a Download 3D Model link (in blue) on the model page (like in the image below).
If the Download 3D Model link is not visible on the model page, the user has decided not to make the model downloadable for others. If you'd like to request they do so, feel free to politely comment on their model page, or, if they are a Pro (or above) user, you can request so via the Contact button on their profile.
Clicking Download 3D Model will offer the following:
- the original file that the author uploaded, along with any texture, material, and extra files that were included
- the transcoded glTF version of the model
How to Download your own 3D models
Pro members and above can download all their own models, even if they are not set to downloadable. This works both on-site and through the Download API, for both the original format and our glTF transcoded version. Don’t worry, your models are not available to anyone else unless you allow it as usual through download settings.
Only published models may be downloaded.
Allowing Users to Download
You can allow other users to download your models from the Manage Your Model section of the model page. Change the Download setting from No to Free, choose a license, and click Save Changes.
- CC BY - Attribution: depending on the NC, ND, and SA choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but they must give you credit for the original work.
- CC BY-NC - Non Commercial: others cannot use your model commercially
- CC BY-ND - No Derivatives: others may use and share the model, but it cannot be altered.
- CC BY-SA - ShareAlike: depending on the NC choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but derivative work must be shared under the same license.
No Derivatives and ShareAlike are mutually exclusive. You can change the license or turn downloading off completely at any time from the model page. For more details or to report a problem, see Report Violation.
Unable to Download
Besides the Sketchfab user deciding not to offer their models for download, certain software options do not allow anyone to enable the Download option. If you've used an exporter to upload your model to Sketchfab from one of these software options, you won't see the Download option at all on the model page:
- Cappasity Easy 3D Scan
- Reallusion Character Creator 2
- itSeez3D (free version)
- Keyplan 3D
- Qlone (free version)
- Qubicle (Basic version)