Every Sketchfab user has the option to make their 3D models downloadable for the rest of the community.
If a user has made their model available for download, you will see a Download button on the model page (like in the image below). Clicking Download will offer the following:
- the original file that the author uploaded, along with any texture, material, and extra files that were included
- the transcoded glTF version of the model
If you do not see the Download button, the user has decided not to make the model downloadable for others. If you'd like to request they do so, feel free to politely comment on their model page.
Allowing Users to Download
You can allow other users to download your models from the Manage This Model section of the model page. Change the Download setting from No to Free, choose a license, and click Save Changes.
- CC BY - Attribution: depending on the NC, ND, and SA choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but they must give you credit for the original work.
- CC BY-NC - Non Commercial: others cannot use your model commercially
- CC BY-ND - No Derivatives: others may use and share the model, but it cannot be altered.
- CC BY-SA - ShareAlike: depending on the NC choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but derivative work must be shared under the same license.
No Derivatives and ShareAlike are mutually exclusive. You can change the license or turn downloading off completely at any time from the model page. For more details or to report a problem, see Report Violation.
Unavailable for Download
Certain software options do not allow Sketchfab users to enable the Download option. If you've used an exporter to upload your model to Sketchfab from one of these software options you won't see the Download option at all on the model page. The following software are some of the options that do not allow downloading from Sketchfab:
- Cappasity Easy 3D Scan
- Reallusion Character Creator 2
- itSeez3D (free version)
- Keyplan 3D
- Qlone (free version)
- Qubicle (Basic version)