Click on the Upload button that’s available on any page of the site. You’ll then be prompted to choose the file(s) you’d like to upload - just make sure it’s in one of our supported formats!
You can also drag and drop your file(s) anywhere on the site.
To reduce file size, you can also combine your files into a compressed archive (ZIP, RAR, 7z). Make sure to include all the necessary files.
- Your texture files (JPG, PNG, TIFF, TGA, etc.)
- Your material file, if you're using OBJ format (MTL)
- Your model file
Textures can be in the root directory or in a subfolder. It should look something like this (OBJ + MTL, for this example):
If you plan to allow downloading, you can also include any other files you'd like to share, like photographs of 3D prints, instructions, multiple file formats, etc.
Uploading & Processing
Once you have your file(s) ready:
- Click Upload ( or drag and drop on any page )
- Click Choose File and navigate to the file on your device
- Click Continue.
- Give your model a title and description, choose a category, and add some tags
- Once the transfer is complete, click Continue to go to your new model!
Depending on the complexity of your scene, it may take some time to finish processing. Once it's finished, your model will now be in Draft Mode.
To help ease your workflow, we’ve partnered with many creation tool developers and created a number of plugins so you can upload your 3D files directly from your 3D software with one of our Exporters.
Here is how they usually work:
- Download an Exporter or software with built-in support
- Install it on your machine
- Enter your API token or follow the OAuth login flow
- Fill in model metadata like title, description, tags
- Upload your model!
The Uploads page on your profile shows an overview of your uploads and their status, along with more detailed error messages in case your upload failed.