There are many 3D software platforms on the market, available both for purchase and for free.
If you're new to 3D, try these free, easy-to-learn tools:
- 3D Slash: Use cubes to build printable models
- Sculptfab: A free, web-based sculpting tool based on Stéphane Ginier's SculptGL.
- Sculptris: Digital sculpting for beginners, from the makers of ZBrush
- Smoothie-3D: Create 3D models from an image
For more advanced 3D features, check out some software popular popular among our users:
- 3ds Max: Modeling and rendering
- Blender: Modeling, rendering, animation ( Free, open-source )
- Maya: Modeling and animation
- Modo: Modeling, sculpting, 3D painting, animation and rendering
- Rhino: Mathematically precise, freeform surface modeling
- SketchUp: Modeling with a focus on ease of use ( Free )
- Unity: Cross-platform game engine ( Free )
- ZBrush: Sculpting, texturing and painting
Have more questions? Submit a request