The scene tools are available in 3D Settings.
- From your model, go to Settings → 3D Settings or add "/edit" to the end of any model URL.
- Select the Scene panel in the top left.
Here, you can control:
- Point Cloud
- Vertex Colors
The General settings let you control things like model orienation and rendering options.
Orientation (Straighten Model)
You can change your Model orientation by 90° increments around the x-, y-, or z-axis. Select Show advanced rotation to fine tune any axis at any angle. Typically, you want the top of your model or scene to match the blue "Up-Axis" of the coordinate system.
Switch the Renderer between Classic, PBR and Matcap.
PBR is usually the best choice.
Matcap ("material capture") is commonly used for sculpting. It is a quick and easy way to apply material and light reflection information to the whole model, to check its shape and normals.
Switch your Shading between Lit (default) and Shadeless.
Shadeless will remove the effects of any lights from your materials. This is often a good option for 3D scans, or models with baked lighting.
Field of View (FOV)
The Camera Field of View (FOV) is an angle representing the extent of the scene that is observable at one time. A FOV of 1° can be used if you need orthographic/parallel projection.
Near Clipping Distance
Enable Show advanced camera settings to access the Near clipping distance slider. Set a lower value when objects close to the camera are being clipped / cut off. This will also adjust the camera movement speed as appropriate.
In the Wireframe tab, you can add polygon wireframes to your model in any color and opacity.
If your model is a point cloud, you can control the size of the points. See Point Clouds.
If your model has Vertex Colors, you can switch between linear and sRGB colorspaces depending on your needs. See Vertex Colors.
You can change the background that appears behind your model, or remove it completely with the On/Off switch.
- Defined by environmental lighting
- PRO and Business accounts can upload custom environments
- You can control the Blur level and Background brightness
- Basic accounts have a choice of four default backgrounds.
- PRO and Business accounts can upload custom backgrounds with the Import Background Image button.
- It's a quick and easy way to brand the viewer, but avoid putting logos or text too close to the edges.
- Recommended image size: 1920×1080 (or another 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Supported formats: JPG/JPEG, PNG
- Max file size: 4MB
- Not compatible with Depth of Field (DoF)
- You can choose any color from the picker or enter a hexadecimal color code.
Once you've made your adjustments, including position and orientation, be sure to update your model's thumbnail image and default position with Save View and/or save your changes with Save Settings. You can return to your model by clicking either the model's name or Exit.
Have more questions? Submit a request