Uploading models from SolidWorks can be tricky, so we have a few possible workflows:
The Solidworks to Sketchfab Publisher by nCricle Tech uses VRML format, and should preserve geometry and basic material colors.
How to install
- Download the EXE installer.
- Run the installer.
- Launch SolidWorks.
- The plugin should be available in File → Publish to Sketchfab.
How to use
- Find File → Publish to Sketchfab. If it's not there, check that the Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks is loaded correctly in the Add-Ins Manager.
- Once your model is loaded, click Publish to Sketchfab, and a dialog box should appear.
- Enter your API token, title, tags, description, and mark it as Private if necessary.
- Click Publish!
- The progress bar will indicate when the upload is complete, and the model should open in your browser.
Free SolidWorks OBJ Exporter
Some users have had success using the Free SolidWorks OBJ Exporter plugin.