Mineways is a free, open-source program for exporting Minecraft models for 3D printing or rendering, including Sketchfab.
See also Eric Haines' official Mineways to Sketchfab documentation.
1. Open your Minecraft World: File → Open World
Optionally, you can choose a new terrain file instead of using the default. File → Set Terrain File.
2. Select an area of your world (Right-click + drag) and go to File → Publish to Sketchfab.
3. Enter your API Token, model title, description, tags, and mark it as Private or Draft as necessary.
4. Click Upload!
During the model processing, we do lots of things on our end to make the model look great.
- Enable Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to give corners and interiors those nice shadows
- Set all textures to Nearest (mipmap) filtering to preserve the blocky Minecraft look
- Set all materials with transparency to Single-sided to help with some transparent blocks like water and grass
- Adjust PBR factors to make the materials look correct (roughness, etc.)
- Use Alpha Masking for trees to preserve blocky look and avoid draw order problems
- Adds 1% emission to maintain correct brightness after AO is added
- Adds a single directional light to create nice "sunlight"