The best way to export from Autodesk Inventor is by using the Inventor to Sketchfab Publisher by nCricle Tech.
How to install
- Download the installer EXE file.
- Run the installer.
- Launch Inventor.
- The plugin should be available in File → Publish to Sketchfab.
How to use
- Find File → Publish to Sketchfab. If it's not there, check that the InventorToSketchfabAddIn is loaded correctly in the Add-In Manager.
- Once your model is loaded, click Publish to Sketchfab, and a dialog box should appear.
- Enter a title, description, tags, and your API token, and mark it as Private if necessary.
- Click Publish!
It will export in the DWF format. If you're having trouble, be sure to check your DWF export settings before using the exporter:
CAD software like Inventor does not export textures accurately because it does not use UV coordinates.