- On one of your model pages, set the Download option to Paid.
- Decide on a price (see our Seller Guidelines for tips).
- The minimum price per model is $3.99 USD.
- Currently, USD is the only supported currency for the Sketchfab Store. You can still sell/buy from other countries although the currency will be converted.
- Enter your price (in USD).
We will notify you ahead of time, giving you time to prepare your own marketing and benefit from these campaigns as much as possible.
Sketchfab can on its sole discretion decide to apply a discount on the license fee paid by the buyer. In such a scenario, and unless otherwise stated explicitly by Sketchfab to the contributor, the cost shall apply equally to Sketchfab’s commission and seller’s revenue.
- Select a License type.
- (Optional) Upload an Additional file archive.
- The maximum additional file size altogether is 500MB.
- It can contain items like additional hi-res texture maps, additional file formats, model resolutions, "Read Me" documents, etc.
- Click "Save changes" for the model's settings and it will be added to the Sketchfab Store.
Additional tips for selling
In addition to pricing, you'll want to pay attention to the following:
- Write a clear model title and model description.
- Think about how people might search for your content and be sure to use such search keywords in your text. Use the model description to clearly state the best use case for your work. For example, "Watertight, suitable for 3D printing." Or, "Rigged for facial animation in game engines."
- The description is also a great place to provide further information on any additional files you have packaged with your model. Note: We automatically pull some information from your uploaded ZIP.
- Remove any links to other marketplaces from your model description.
- Carefully select your categories. Read our Category Guidelines to learn about their intended use and use them conservatively. Ideally, you should use no more than two categories although exceptions are allowed. We do not condone "category spamming" (selecting unrelated categories to make your work more visible). Use tags to further specify the product you're offering.
- Simple solid color backgrounds will allow potential buyers to more clearly see your work, particularly when browsing through multiple search results. We recommend light to medium gray.
- Promote your work! For best results, don't rely only on the organic traffic from our platform, but market your products elsewhere too. Don't forget you can share and embed Sketchfab models almost anywhere.
Your models for sale will be available in the Sketchfab Store as soon as PayPal approves your application. Until that time, they will appear like any other model. Once you make a sale, you will immediately receive your commission.