Adding a model to your store
To get started, choose one of your models, click the Edit Properties button, and choose Store under the Download options available.
Once set to Store, decide on a price using the tips in the Seller Guidelines guide.
- The minimum price per model is $3.99 USD.
- Currently, USD is the only supported currency for the Sketchfab Store. You can still sell/buy from other countries although the currency will be converted.
We will notify you ahead of time, giving you time to prepare your own marketing and benefit from these campaigns as much as possible.
Sketchfab can, on its sole discretion, decide to apply a discount on the license fee paid by the buyer. In such a scenario, and unless otherwise stated explicitly by Sketchfab to the contributor, the cost shall apply equally to Sketchfab’s commission and seller’s revenue.
After setting your model's price, select a License type.
- In most cases, the Standard license should be selected.
- As a rule of thumb, if a model is your version of another entity's intellectual property, such as fanart, the Editorial license should be chosen.
As an optional step, you can upload an "Additional file" archive.
When you're done, click the orange Save button for the model's settings and it will be added to the Sketchfab Store.
Additional tips for selling
Write a clear model title and description:
- Think about how people might use keywords to search for your content.
- Use the model description to clearly state the best use case for your work.
- The description is also a great place to provide further information on any additional files you have packaged with your model. Note: We automatically pull some information from your uploaded ZIP.
Focus on the Sketchfab Store
Remove any links to other marketplaces from your model description.
Carefully select your categories:
- Read our Category Guidelines to learn about their intended use and use them conservatively.
- Ideally, you should use no more than two categories although exceptions are allowed.
- We do not condone "category spamming" (selecting unrelated categories to make your work more visible).
Make your model pop
Simple solid color backgrounds will allow potential buyers to more clearly see your work, particularly when browsing through multiple search results. We recommend light to medium gray.
Promote your work
- For best results, don't rely only on the organic traffic from our platform, but market your products elsewhere too.
- Don't forget you can share and embed Sketchfab models almost anywhere.
Your models for sale will be available in the Sketchfab Store as soon as PayPal approves your application. Until that time, they will appear like any other model. Once you make a sale, you will immediately receive your commission.