Beyond being a nice thing to do, offering your 3D models to the Sketchfab community as free and download has benefits:
- You can earn additional upload credits in a month by making some of your existing models downloadable (and public). See Upload Limits for details.
- Public downloadable models are exempt from being disabled. (Private downloadable models are not.)
You can allow other users to download your models for free by clicking the Edit Properties button on your model page and changing the Download setting from No to Free, choosing a license, and clicking Save Changes.
You can only turn the option to download off if you have upload credits left on your account.
When you make your model free to download, you'll need to choose a Creative Commons license to place it under:
- CC BY - Attribution: depending on the NC, ND, and SA choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but they must give you credit for the original work.
- CC BY-NC - Non Commercial: others cannot use your model commercially
- CC BY-ND - No Derivatives: others may use and share the model, but it cannot be altered.
- CC BY-SA - ShareAlike: depending on the NC choices, others may share, edit, and use the model, but derivative work must be shared under the same license.
No Derivatives and ShareAlike are mutually exclusive.
You can change the license at any time from the model page. For more details or to report a problem, see Report Violation.
Unable to make your models downloadable
Certain software companies do not allow models made with their tools to be available for free download. If you've used an exporter to upload your model to Sketchfab from one of the following software options, you won't see the Download option available on the model page:
- Cappasity Easy 3D Scan
- Reallusion Character Creator 2
- itSeez3D (free version)
- Keyplan 3D
- Qlone (free version)
- Qubicle (Basic version)