Sketchfab offers tools for organizations to easily share, manage and collaborate on 3D assets together.
Currently, Sketchfab for Teams is available with Premium and Enterprise membership.
- Premium membership offers 10 seats in a shared organization account. If you'd like our team to enable this feature, please fill out this form.
- Enterprise membership can offer a custom amount of seats. If you're interested, contact our Enterprise team.
Personal vs. Organization accounts
Every Sketchfab user has their own account where they can upload and share models they create. If you're invited to join an organization account, you gain the ability to interact with models exclusive to your organization (depending on your permissions).
You can switch between your personal account and organization accounts depending on what you'd like to do.
Switching to your Organization
In order to access the models and members of your organization, you'll need to access the drop-down menu under your profile thumbnail in the top-right corner and click to switch to your Organization.
Managing your Organization
Under the Manage organization tab, you'll find the ability to add and edit your organization's profile information and members.
You can edit your organization's profile settings, including organization name, tagline, location, and more.
Under Members, you can see the members of your team, as well as the date they joined the organization, their permission level, and their status.
Inviting users and assigning permissions
Within an organization, you can be one of four Roles with varying permissions:
- Spectator - can view and comment on any 3D model within a project that you've been added to
- Project Lead - same rights as Contributor, plus you can create, edit, and delete folders within a project that you've been added to
- Contributor - can upload, duplicate models, edit 3D Settings, and download models within a project that you've been added to
- Administrator - same rights as Project Lead, plus you can invite or remove from projects and from the organization, set permissions, and change organization settings
As an Administrator, you can invite new users by clicking the + Invite user button in the top-right corner of the Members section.
Premium membership offers 10 seats in a shared organization account. If you'd like our team to enable this feature, please fill out this form.
Enterprise membership can offer a custom amount of seats. If you're interested, contact our Enterprise team.
Removing or deactivating users
If you are an Administrator, you can deactivate or remove Sketchfab users from the Organization account.
Deactivating a user means they will not be able to access the Organization account. Deactivated users do not count towards the Member count limit and can be reactivated whenever without having to send an invite again.
Removing a user means they are permanently removed from the Organization account and won’t show up on the Members dashboard. If you'd like to add them again in the future, you would need to send a new invite.
To deactivate or remove a user, click the Manage organization link at the top of the Organization profile. You'll see a list of Members in your Organization. Click the three vertical dots on the far-right line of the Member you'd like to remove or deactivate.
In order to upload a model for your Organization, you can click the orange Upload 3D model button in the top-right corner. You can choose your Organization (and a corresponding Project) from the Upload as drop-down:
Search your Organization's models
Instead of browsing through the entire Sketchfab library, you can search through the models in your own Organization account, all in one place.
To access and filter through your Organization's models, click All Models at the top of the page. Once there, you can toggle on/off the filter options on the left-hand side. The filters include file format, polycount, uploading member, privacy level, and more.
Plus, you can always type in the search bar to search by keyword.
Sharing your Organization's models
With Sketchfab for Teams, you can share models that only members of your organization can see. To do this, click Share Link on the model page of one of your Organization's models.
Clicking the Share Link button will produce a unique model URL for you to copy and send to those in your Organization. Only Members in your Organization will be able to click the link and access that model.
If you or your Organization decide you want to share the model outside of your Organization, you can do so one of two ways:
- Click the Change the model visibility link in the Share pop-up window (above), or directly change the model visibility in model properties.
- Click the Edit Properties button in the top-right corner of the model page and then change the Who can see? privacy option from the drop-down (below).